Beauty Tips for Effortless Summer Makeup + CONTEST (closed)!

Makeup should be changed every season. However, your beauty transition can be difficult when you don’t know the products you need to create a fresh and effortless summer look. Don’t worry, though – BH has got you covered! Here are our beauty tips for this season:

EYES

Brighter shades of eye shadow are vital to creating the perfect summer look. Instead of wearing darker shades such as gray or brown on your lids, opt for brighter neon colors such as neon green or purple. Just a swipe across your lids is more than enough to make your eyes pop. Our BH Party Girl Palette offers 40 bright eye shadows that you can use to brighten your lids.

LIPS

While darker lipsticks and liners are often popular in the cooler months, shinier, more colorful glosses, lipsticks and lip liners truly make a statement in the warmer months. Bright pinks and lighter colored lipsticks are ideal for balancing out a nice summer tan or making your skin appear brighter after the cooler months. However, even when you take a dip in the pool, you still want your makeup to look flawless. Our Waterproof Lip Liners come in a variety of shades for summer.

FACE

During the summer, it can get hot enough to make your makeup run, and sweat and oil can cause your makeup to smudge and look tired. However, when you make Anti-Shine Serum and makeup primer part of your summer makeup routine, you can keep your makeup on your face! Anti-Shine Serum and primer absorbs oil on your face and creates a smooth, matte surface that is ideal for makeup application. Our Anti-Shine Serum is ideal for all skin types and makes makeup application a breeze.

This Summer, switch your heavier makeup for brighter, lighter makeup, so you can look fresh and ready for anything all summer long!

*Contest is now CLOSED* Want to win our Anti-Shine Serum? Comment on this blog post with your Summer makeup tip for a chance to win! Last day to enter is July 16. Contest is open internationally.

50 comments on “Beauty Tips for Effortless Summer Makeup + CONTEST (closed)!

1. maria July 2, 2012 11:01 pm

my summer makeup tip is to wear a primer to make my makeup last. also using a setting spray to make my face matte. to wear sunscreen.

2. Allison N. July 2, 2012 11:02 pm

My summer makeup tip is to always carry around tinted moisturizer and oil absorbent papers. (unless you have the anti-shine serum of course!) =]

3. jessica July 2, 2012 11:06 pm

during the summer my face definitely gets more oily and primer is a must have when applying makeup. and for eye looks love the bronze and gold eyeshadows perfect for having the summer glow i need

4. Shane McLeod July 2, 2012 11:07 pm

If your skin gets a little oily in the summer (like mine does), be sure to powder the t-zone. This will help your foundation stay on and reduce unwanted shine through out the day. = )

• Shane McLeod July 2, 2012 11:08 pm

I meant to type “powder the t-zone”, I should’ve had my coffee today. haha

5. Karla July 2, 2012 11:14 pm

Mmm I always liked the idea less means more especially using makeup in the summertime and BH’s anti-shine Serum sounds like the way to go…..sounds like a Must Try

• Karl July 3, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah I ment to say less is more…oops a daisy!! :)

6. Feyi Q. July 2, 2012 11:17 pm

MY summer makeup tip is to keep your skin hydrated and protected with a moisturizer with SPF. Keep the makeup natural, but play up a single feature if you want to experiment with color.

7. Abigail Camarillo July 2, 2012 11:19 pm

This is a very helpful post, my biggest problem is keeping my makeup looking fresh and jot melted on my face. I do love putting colorful eyeshadows for the summer.

8. Kristen D July 2, 2012 11:30 pm

Tip: It’s not a beauty product, but I use Milk of Magnesia on my oily T-zone and around my hair line (where I tend to sweat). Keeps my makeup on all day, despite how hot and humid it is!

9. Toby July 2, 2012 11:37 pm

Less is more…don’t over do it with the make-up, not only will you feel better in the heat, but your make-up is likely to look more natural…

10. Elena July 2, 2012 11:37 pm

And don’t forget to use sunscreen! I have special summer makeup items and every one of them has SPF.

11. nardia July 2, 2012 11:41 pm

Tinted moisturizers and bronzers give your skin that sunkissed glow without adding that extra layer of makeup that leaves your skin feeling cakey, and less time spent in the mirror. Add a little concealer to your problem areas. Cool blues are in this summer so try a pop of blue on the eyes and a light pink lip and your good to go ;)

12. Crystal W July 3, 2012 12:07 am

To give yourself the perfect summer glow, try applying a bronzer lightly all over your face. To give yourself some extra shimmer, apply a matte highlight to the high points of your face, i.e. tops of cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupid’s bow, chin, and middle of the forehead.

Yay for summer!

13. Wynell July 3, 2012 12:11 am

my summer makeup tip is to protect your skin from UV rays by using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher

14. Janine Hg July 3, 2012 12:38 am

My summer make up tip:

Protect your skin and put some SPF onto your skin, especially on your face! Then apply your make up as usual.

15. Julie July 3, 2012 2:28 am

my summer tip is to try not to wear as much foundation and always remember less IS more

16. jennifer July 3, 2012 2:44 am

my summer tip is to wear bright lipstick and pink or coral blush

17. Aday July 3, 2012 3:26 am

My summer tip is to apply sunblock on the bottom of my make up or to buy a foundation that has SPF. Also to use a lip balm with SPF.

18. Ashley M July 3, 2012 5:40 am

Wear waterproof eyeliner and set it with powder eyeshadow to last through summer heat and humidity =]

19. mary anne sabado July 3, 2012 7:10 am

my summer make-up is light make up as if like nude.,but always retouched it because of the oily face plus the heat of the summer.,

20. Sierra Lynn July 3, 2012 1:41 pm

For summer I prefer a tinted moisturizer or BB cream rather than a liquid foundation. I also swear by face primer and Urban Decay’s DeSlick for my oily skin. And a dust of powder to mop up shine.

21. Dipika July 3, 2012 3:42 pm

My summer tip is to wear an SPF moisturizer prior to wearing make up to keep your skin protected from the sun’s hot summer raise! =)

22. Aaliya Akhter July 3, 2012 7:15 pm

My Summer tip is make time for primer,Lighten your face makeup and bronze believably.Bronzer makes your eyes look brighter, your teeth whiter everyone looks better with a little warmth added to their skin.

23. Ana Catalina July 3, 2012 7:54 pm

My summer tip is use a finishing spray! that way you can reapply without looking cakey like a powder and at the same time you refresh your face. I can assure you that your makeup wont melt off. I use one for oily skin and my makeup lasts a lot of hours :)

24. Ali July 3, 2012 8:33 pm

my summer tip is to prime before putting on makeup to keep it put!

25. Nanda July 3, 2012 9:40 pm

My summer make up tip is that you have to look at your skin tone.

In the summer youre skin tone can change

you have to adapt youre make-up on it

another tip is to use bright collors. I connect summer with collors,

you may do something with it, with youre make-up

26. C R Williams July 4, 2012 12:20 am

My tip is more is less. Use less foundation because it can get really icky because of the heat.

27. Joлlle A July 4, 2012 3:58 pm

my summer makeup tip would be to minimize the makeup especially the foundation. during the summer, i use a mineral powder fondation that is awesome and not as light as people would think. It is also important to put some sunscreen to protect our skin from the beautiful but meanie sun that can dammage our skin.

28. kozy mendez July 4, 2012 8:35 pm

Mi consejo este verano es super eficiente en estas temporadas de vacaciones que salimos a la playa o algunas albercas y nos quemamos por el sol porque se nos olvido usar algun protector solar y tenemos un evento importante en puerta y usaremos un escote pero nos da miedo ia que se veran las markas de los tirantes del vikiny o alguna prenda que utilizamos. Para esconder esas marcas de urgencia io les aconsejo mezclar un poco de nuestro maquillaje liquido con un poco de crema humectante y aplicarlo sobre las partes del cuerpo deseadas y si queremos darle un toque bronceado podemos agregar un poco de nuestras sombras color oro o bronce.

Y no podemos olvidar usar nuestro exelente maquillaje de BH Cosmetics para lucir espectaculares en nuestro evento. :)

29. melanie garcia July 5, 2012 4:30 am

my summer makeup tip is to wear water proof make up, wear primers, spritz a finishing spray and carry blotting sheets in your purse :)

30. Samantha B. July 5, 2012 5:50 pm

If your skin is very oily, I suggest you use an oil control lotion underneath your primer. It will provide double the protection. And as always the occasional touch up with oil blotting papers or powders is good.

31. danielle July 5, 2012 10:50 pm

My tip is moisturize, then apply primer onto eyelids before eyeshadow. You want your color to POP, POP, POP!?

32. linda brooks July 7, 2012 1:28 pm

I always apply loose powder over my makeup when Im done.

33. Lag-1314 July 7, 2012 6:07 pm

I like to carry blotting papers to soak up oil on my face instead of applying more powder to get rid of shine and the papers don’t mess up my makeup. And if I don’t have blotting papers with me I just use a square of toilet paper.

34. Mintonmom July 7, 2012 7:51 pm

Fun ideas!

35. BluEydQT July 8, 2012 6:40 am

I like to use bronzer as blush.

36. Gennywithag1 July 9, 2012 6:04 am

Ok girls this mitt sound weird but. Try Phillips milk of magensia, applying with your finger a thin layer of this to your T zone and let this dry. Its going to look white but then add the anti-shine serum bh cosmetic, this will make the white go away and make your skin perfect for your foundation. And you’ll be matte for the hole day. Try it you’ll love it. Recommended for oily skin only:)

37. Gennywithag1 July 9, 2012 6:17 am

Ok girls heres another one, when its really hot and your sweating and your makeup looks oily you can, wet a napkin not to damp, and use it as you would use your blotting papers this will remove the oil and refresh your face. Then add some matte powder. This is great for the summer days

38. CandieGirl July 13, 2012 7:03 pm

My summer makeup tip is to always moisturize your skin and use some tyoe of sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.

39. Caitlin July 13, 2012 7:07 pm

My summer tip would be to use a lighter foundation in the summer. Since it does get hotter in the summer, a less sheer coverage will help!

40. Lag-1314 July 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Another thing I like to do is since it’s hot I like to wear a tinted moisturizer or bb cream to do everything, give coverage, moisturize, even my skin out and it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey and believe me where I live it gets hot! lol And those stay on my skin, protect it from the sun and make it look beautiful.

41. Lisa Brown July 13, 2012 7:25 pm

My summer makeup tip: loose mineral foundation. Loose mineral foundation protects my skin from the sun, gives me excellent, buildable coverage, it’s comfortable to wear in warmer weather, and absorbs oil, allowing me to look great, all day long.

42. miss janice July 14, 2012 6:30 am

In the summer I like to use a damp sponge to blend in my foundation. I use less foundation that way and it seems to melt and blend into my skin and feels lighter!

43. Charlinewilliams60 July 17, 2012 1:02 am

I would recommend using less makeup.

44. Kelseylyle July 17, 2012 1:09 am

Apply sunscreen before your makeup! And always wear a hat on the beach!!

45. Bramos July 17, 2012 1:11 am

Tip: Before applying your daily moisturizer, spray your face with a setting spray then apply moisturizer. Again, spray your face with the setting spray once again to set your moisturizer and do your usual makeup routine. :) This will help you stay shine-free throughout the day.

I found this to be helpful for me during the hot summer days. I hope it works for you too.

46. MAKEmeUPL'amour July 17, 2012 1:18 am

When in need of an amazing setting spray, and flawless makeup. I simply pour bottled water into a small spray bottle,add rosewater witch hazel and aloe Vera juice. This works wonders, comparable to MACs Fix Plus :) You’re guaranteed streak free makeup. Try it today!