Hello BH Beauties!
I don’t know about you, but Spring is my favorite time of year! Winter is finally over, everything is in bloom, and I can finally put away my old sweaters and break out my cute summer flats. I’m loving some of the biggest makeup trends this Spring like filled-in brows, matte lips, coral lipstick – pretty much everything!
However, the thing about Spring is that it is so much busier than the last few winter months! There’s graduations, weddings, parties, picnics, etc which means more Instagram moments! I love makeup as much as the next makeup addict, but it means more work in ensuring that my makeup is picture-perfect! An Instagram filter can only do so much!
Luckily, I’ve come up with some hacks for getting picture-perfect makeup without worrying about smudges or bad makeup choices.
- Keep it simple. More makeup means more things to worry about and sometimes it can look silly in pictures.
- Conceal only what is necessary and use a matte foundation. If it’s not matte, it’ll reflect light making your face look really shiny. Not glowing – shiny.
- Make sure you blend blend blend. Pictures will only highlight streaky concealer and foundation, so spend an extra 30 seconds really blending the concealer under your eyes or over that pesky pimple.
- Use black eyeliner and mascara. I love my brown eyeliner, but for pictures contrast is key and the black eyeliner lends itself to creating that extra contrast.
- Don’t skip on blush. If I am wearing foundation, I always make sure to wear blush so that my face doesn’t look flat, but has dimension and looks naturally flushed. Bronzer is important too, but if you’re keeping it simple you can probably get away with just blush. As long as your face doesn’t look flat, decide whether you want to use highlighter, bronzer, and blush or just one or two products.
- Lipstick can be a pain to think about since it can get on your teeth, smudge, or just wear off easily. Instead I opt for a sheer gloss that gives my lips a little bit of color, but it looks natural and its worry free!
- Apply your makeup in natural light. Often I do my makeup in my bathroom, which has ample light – but it isn’t natural light. Then I look in the mirror near my bedroom window and wonder what I was thinking. Don’t make that mistake.
Hopefully those tips are helpful as you get Instagram-ready in the morning!