Hello BH Beauties!
Thank goodness summer is finally here! Weekends at the beach, long summer nights, easy beachy waves and sun-kissed skin.
Maybe you’re a no-makeup girl on beach vacations, but most of us like a little bit of makeup for sitting out in the sun and enjoying the water. However, it’s important to keep it simple and stay melt-proof. The last thing you want to deal with is makeup dripping down your face or running into your eyes. Here’s my foolproof beach survival makeup kit for summer 2014 – perfect for a fun day at the beach.
- Sunscreen. It should go without saying, but there’s nothing worse than a bad sunburn to ruin your vacation. You can still get color while applying sunscreen – but you’re saving yourself from the risk of skin cancer down the road. Keep it simple and buy a moisturizer with a built-in SPF, although you’ll still want to apply extra sunscreen for long beach days.
- Concealer. I almost never apply a full face of foundation when I’m at the beach, but I will take a minute to conceal bad spots, acne, and dark circles.
- Waterproof mascara. I’ll skip the eyeshadow and eyeliner and keep it simple with a few coats of basic waterproof mascara. Just enough to define and enhance my eyes without looking overdone. If you need a little extra definition, just use a smudge-proof eyeliner that won’t budge.
- Chapstick. I always keep lip balmwith SPF in my beach bag to protect my lips from the sun and wind at the beach.
- Blotting towelettes. Where there is sun, there is sweat. And come midday, my face needs some help. I love oil blotting papers because they take care of managing oil and extra sweat that naturally happens in the hot summer months.
Now I’m really excited for that beach trip! What are your must-haves for beach makeup?