Hello BH Beauties!
I love my big-rimmed glasses, but when I first got them I was at a loss of what to do with my eye makeup! While the glasses drew more attention to my eyes, I felt like my makeup was lost behind the lenses. After trying out different looks, this is what I came up with.
- Focus on your skin and foundation. Your glasses will highlight the skin around your eyes, so it’s important to conceal blemishes for a smooth finish. Don’t skimp on foundation here!
- Stay neutral. I choose light eyeshadow colors that will help emphasize my eyes and keep them light. Bright colors will get lost and can draw attention to dark circles. The lenses on your glasses will catch light, so if you can stick with a matte or satin finish over a shimmer or glittery product.
- Don’t skimp on eyeliner. Lightly line your eyes in a neutral color – navy blue, black, brown, gray. Make sure to balance it with the thickness of your frames. The thicker the frame, the thicker the liner. I prefer to only line the top lid and use a light liner on the bottom or white eyeliner.
- Take care of your lashes. You might not be able to use mascara or wear false eyelashes because they’ll be too long and will hit the lens of your glasses. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore them. Use a lash comb to comb them out and use a curler to add definition.
- Emphasize your brows. Your glasses draw attention to your whole eye – including your brow, so don’t forget to groom and fill in your brows.
- Keep your face makeup subdued. Use a little blush right where the rims of the glasses hit your cheeks when you smile.
- For your lips – you can go either way. If you have kept your eye makeup to a minimum, go for a bright lip color! Bold frames can look great with an equally bold lip! If you prefer a more subdued look, stick with a color that is close to your natural lip color.
Show me how you rock makeup with glasses by tagging your instagram photos with #bhcosmetics!