Voila! The perfect step-by-step to a gorgeous smokey plum look featuring the new Missy Lynn Palette.
This gorgeous eyeshadow palette is perfect for creating a gorgeous every day look or a glam look for a fun night out. It has 6 eyeshadows and 2 baked highlighting powders selected by Missy Lynn (Start2FinishMUA), a famed beauty guru and active duty military member. The colors in this palette vary from warm browns to rose golds and are ideal for every girl’s skin tone.
Get your Missy Lynn Palette for only $11.95 here: http://bit.ly/1D4TUi8
We officially have the eyeshadow palette to best suit your eye color and that will “enhance” your natural beauty. Lo & behold, meet the new Enhancing Eyes Palettes!
Buy yours today for only $7.95 here: http://bit.ly/1A9QpLQ
There is no better review than the ones of our dear customers. Here’s a look at what our fans have to say about your favorite goodies!
We would love to hear from you! Please share your product reviews with us on www.bhcosmetics.com for a chance for to be featured next!
Hi BH beauties!
We are in the heart of winter, and as you know the cold weather can take a toll on our skin and lips. There is nothing worse than the dryness that impacts our beauty routine during this time of the year. Moisturizer is a must for keeping skin in top shape, and don’t forget about taking care of your lips.
While I love my gorgeous glosses and lipsticks, they do not keep me as moisturized as balms do. The balm stick is the perfect beauty product for keeping your pout protected and it adds some color to your face. There are two ways I recommend wearing this:
Layering- Wear the balm stick as a layer underneath your favorite lipstick or lip gloss. Just make sure to stay in the same color family or to wear a neutral color.
Solo- Feel like giving your favorite lipstick or lip gloss a break? You can wear balm stick by itself for the perfect hint of color and shine.
Finish off either look by adding a swipe of eyeliner, shadow and mascara to eyes and you are ready to roll. How do you wear balm stick? Share your style with us on Instagram by using #bhcosmetics.
Stay warm dolls!
Happy birthday December babes!
While December may be the last month of the year, we did not forget about the importance of celebrating all of our beauties who turn another year gorgeous! The December birthstone is the tanzanite and has a beautiful deep blue shade that looks pretty no matter what it is paired with. Here are a few tips to maximize the blue of this hue.
Celebrate the birthday fun on your eyes and wear a shade of blue eyeshadow. I recommend choosing a color from the 88 Color Cool Matte Eyeshadow Palette. This palette has lots of different blues to embody the brilliance of the tanzanite. Add a layer of glitter for some birthday and holiday sparkle. The Dusty Blue keeps with the blue theme and adds some style. Swipe a coat of mascara on lashes and you are ready to roll.
88 Color Cool Matte Eyeshadow Palette
Keep face and lip makeup simple so all attention is placed on your sparkling eyes. I recommend sporting some powder, dusting blush on cheeks and applying a neutral gloss.
December is such a special birthday month because December babes get to celebrate their birthday, Christmas and New Year’s within a few weeks of one another. What is your go to for birthday makeup tanzanite beauties? Share your looks with us on Instagram and use #bhcosmetics.
Happy birthday beautiful!
Hi BH Beauties,
I don’t know about you, but I am not a morning person. Getting my beauty rest has always been a top priority, so when getting ready I need to save time and still look fabulous. Between picking out an outfit and styling my hair, I am often pressed for time when it comes to the most important part, my makeup.
Luckily, I have uncovered a few tips and tricks during the years to stay looking great in a minimal amount of time. The bold lip is one of the best ways for a quick glamorous look. To get the bold lip, follow these steps:
- Prep skin by washing your face for a morning glow.
- Make sure to exfoliate lips, especially if wearing a bright color.
- Layer on a coat of chapstick to stay moisturized.
- Apply lip liner in a similar shade to the lipstick of your choice. This will add a base and definition to lips.
- Apply a coat of bright lipstick. I recommend trying a deep red or gorgeous pink for a fun new look.
- Finish with a clear gloss for a layer of shine.
With all of the time saved on makeup, you can take selfies of your style and post them on Instagram. Remember to share your looks with us and use #bhcosmetics.
Hello BH Beauties!
I love my big-rimmed glasses, but when I first got them I was at a loss of what to do with my eye makeup! While the glasses drew more attention to my eyes, I felt like my makeup was lost behind the lenses. After trying out different looks, this is what I came up with.
- Focus on your skin and foundation. Your glasses will highlight the skin around your eyes, so it’s important to conceal blemishes for a smooth finish. Don’t skimp on foundation here!
- Stay neutral. I choose light eyeshadow colors that will help emphasize my eyes and keep them light. Bright colors will get lost and can draw attention to dark circles. The lenses on your glasses will catch light, so if you can stick with a matte or satin finish over a shimmer or glittery product.
- Don’t skimp on eyeliner. Lightly line your eyes in a neutral color – navy blue, black, brown, gray. Make sure to balance it with the thickness of your frames. The thicker the frame, the thicker the liner. I prefer to only line the top lid and use a light liner on the bottom or white eyeliner.
- Take care of your lashes. You might not be able to use mascara or wear false eyelashes because they’ll be too long and will hit the lens of your glasses. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore them. Use a lash comb to comb them out and use a curler to add definition.
- Emphasize your brows. Your glasses draw attention to your whole eye – including your brow, so don’t forget to groom and fill in your brows.
- Keep your face makeup subdued. Use a little blush right where the rims of the glasses hit your cheeks when you smile.
- For your lips – you can go either way. If you have kept your eye makeup to a minimum, go for a bright lip color! Bold frames can look great with an equally bold lip! If you prefer a more subdued look, stick with a color that is close to your natural lip color.
Show me how you rock makeup with glasses by tagging your instagram photos with #bhcosmetics!
Hello BH Beauties!
Thank goodness summer is finally here! Weekends at the beach, long summer nights, easy beachy waves and sun-kissed skin.
Maybe you’re a no-makeup girl on beach vacations, but most of us like a little bit of makeup for sitting out in the sun and enjoying the water. However, it’s important to keep it simple and stay melt-proof. The last thing you want to deal with is makeup dripping down your face or running into your eyes. Here’s my foolproof beach survival makeup kit for summer 2014 – perfect for a fun day at the beach.
- Sunscreen. It should go without saying, but there’s nothing worse than a bad sunburn to ruin your vacation. You can still get color while applying sunscreen – but you’re saving yourself from the risk of skin cancer down the road. Keep it simple and buy a moisturizer with a built-in SPF, although you’ll still want to apply extra sunscreen for long beach days.
- Concealer. I almost never apply a full face of foundation when I’m at the beach, but I will take a minute to conceal bad spots, acne, and dark circles.
- Waterproof mascara. I’ll skip the eyeshadow and eyeliner and keep it simple with a few coats of basic waterproof mascara. Just enough to define and enhance my eyes without looking overdone. If you need a little extra definition, just use a smudge-proof eyeliner that won’t budge.
- Chapstick. I always keep lip balmwith SPF in my beach bag to protect my lips from the sun and wind at the beach.
- Blotting towelettes. Where there is sun, there is sweat. And come midday, my face needs some help. I love oil blotting papers because they take care of managing oil and extra sweat that naturally happens in the hot summer months.
Now I’m really excited for that beach trip! What are your must-haves for beach makeup?
Just like brow grooming and face contouring, applying blush can really shape the face and flatten or illuminate certain features. To help you accomplish this task, we have put together some guidelines based on face shape. We recommend playing with these applications to see what you like best, especially if you aren’t sure of your face shape.
For a longer face, apply your blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend outward in a horizontal manner. This will draw attention to the center and shorten the length of the face.
For a square shaped face, apply blush softly to help angular features appear less sharp. Focus the blush on the apples of the cheeks.
For an oval face, apply to the tops of the apples and sweep back toward the ears. This will add definition to the cheekbones.
For a diamond shaped face, apply blush in an angular motion on the cheekbones toward the ears to draw the eyes downward.
For a heart shaped face, apply blush along the bottom of the cheekbones to balance the jawline with contour. Heart shaped faces look great with a fuller application of blush.
Finally, for round faces, avoid the apples of the cheeks and apply blush in a sharper line toward the temples.
We hope these recommendations help with your makeup look! Make sure to share your favorite ways to apply blush with us as well as your friends!
If you’re just starting out in makeup, or getting serious about skincare, you may be thinking about adding primer to your makeup routine. Foundation primer is key to setting your makeup and ensuring that it will be long-lasting and secure on your skin. It helps create an even surface to apply your makeup and certain kinds can be used as a color-corrector as well.
Here are the steps I follow with my face routine and some advice for using foundation primer.
- Exfoliate, cleanse, moisturize. Without good skin care, your makeup isn’t going to last and you’ll have a lot more to conceal once you get older. Make sure you let your skin absorb your moisturizer for a few minutes before applying any more products.
- Use a small amount of primer (pea-size, or one pump) and apply it evenly over your face – you can use your fingers or a sponge. You can dot it over your face and apply it from there, or use whatever method you prefer. Try to use upward circular motions to apply your primer. Downward motions will pull at your skin and contribute to sagging down the road.
- Wait a few minutes for it to sink in and dry. Depending on the primer, you may not be able to apply it around your eyes or on your lips. You can get another eye primer and lip primer for that.
- Apply your foundation and concealer. If you are using a liquid foundation, you should consider applying a finishing powder overtop to seal your foundation in and prevent it from coming off over the day.
- Combine your foundation and primer together for translucent coverage. This is great for the summer and letting your skin breathe a little more.
- Use a tinted primer to correct unwanted color. Pinks and lilacs will both brighten your skin and green formulas will neutralize redness.
I’d love to hear your tips too! Leave them in the comments!