You’ve found the perfect guide for discovering your best lipstick color and type! Explore every lip-obsessed option out there, whether you’re after lush opaque mattes or the most intense shine. We’ve got all the info you need on buttery soft lip palettes that let you create your own unique hues, bold metallic liquid lippies for molten color that gets noticed, lip liners, perfect pairings, all-in-one kits and more! Pucker up and get ready to put more pow in your pout!
Matte Addicts Unite!
Quick Tips for Matte Lips:
- Prepare lips by exfoliating gently
- Use lip balm before applying matte lippies to avoid dryness
- Use liner first if you want lips that appear fuller
If you’re after matte, non-transfer lip color, you’ll fall in love with BH Liquid Lipstick Long-Wearing Matte in 24 colors – including 7 all-new hues! And if you want the ideal lip liner to complement your favorites liquid lippie, but you don’t want to guess at which hue would match your best lipstick color, check out our BH Lip Kits shown above! They’re the perfect duo!
Team Gloss Forever!
Quick Tips for Glossy Lips:
- Use a lip primer or matte base to avoid color movement
- Prevent feathering by applying nude lip liner
- Lip glosses have an enhancing effect, so they’re a great choice for thin lips
For adding sheer color with LOTS of shine, try our Silver Strike Lip Gloss Collection. Use it alone for a more natural effect, or over your favorite shade to create an ultra-glossed version of your best lipstick color.
Mattes or Gloss… Why Not Both?
If you’re like most lippie-lovers, then picking either gloss or matte is harder than it looks. We adore mattes, but we still love a good gloss when the mood strikes. That’s why we created these sets that have it all!
Each of our 5 Piece Lip Sets includes a mix of matte and gloss hues in the same color family! Keep your options open and go matte, creamy, or glossy!
Lip Palettes: The Ultimate in Versatility
Sometimes a single color won’t do. If you’re ready to advance to creating your own unique hues, nothing beats a palette like Nude Lips 28 Color Lipstick Palette, paired with a lip brush for applying and blending your best lipstick color. With the versatility of a lip palette, you can experiment with lip contouring, ombre techniques, and other creative ways to define lips and fill in color.
Banish Boring and Find Your Best Lipstick Color
Quick Tips for Choosing Your Best Lipstick Color:
- To avoid overwhelming your look, use a nude lip color with bold eye looks
- To amp up neutral eye looks, try a shimmer or metallic lip
- Dark colors tend to make lips appear smaller
- Pale pinks, especially in glossy formulas, help make lips appear fuller
- Red tones help teeth appear whiter and brighter
Which are Your Favorites?
Do you swear by mattes? Gloss it up on the daily? When it comes to color, do you basically alternate the same two or three hues or are you a lip-obsessed color junkie who wants it all? Share your thoughts! If we missed a good trick or tip, we’d love to know!