Mascara is one of the most handy items you can have in your makeup bag, because in 30 seconds it can take you from drab to fab. With the right application technique, mascara will perfectly complement your eyeshadow and really open up your eyes and make them pop.
What you'll need:
1. Mascara: Choose a formula that will give you what you want, whether it's lengthening, curling or volumizing.
2. Eyelash curler: This handy tool is essential for giving your lashes an instant lift. Sturdy metal curlers are the most effective.
3. Eyelash comb: Use the comb to get rid of any mascara clumps.
4. Hairdryer: Trust us on this one.
What to do:
1. Prep your eyelash curler by blowing hot air on it for a few seconds using the blow dryer - warming it will help keep your curl in place all day.
2. Begin curling your lashes at the root, being careful to not get so close that some of your lid accidentally gets caught. Hold the curler in this position for about 10 seconds, then move it to the tips of your lashes and repeat.
3. Now it's time to apply mascara. You may be tempted to pump the wand after you open the tube, but don't do it! This lets in air, which will cause your mascara to dry out faster.
4. As you remove the wand from the tube, scrape off any additional mascara to avoid clumping as you apply it to your lashes.
5. Look forward and place your mascara at the base of your top lashes. Slowly wiggle the brush as you sweep it upward.
6. Repeat two to three times, or until your lashes reach the desired thickness.
7. Brush your lashes from the base upward using an eyelash comb to remove any clumps.