Country music star Taylor Swift can’t seem to get time off the red carpet or from winning awards! Her signature special event look has changed from curly hair to straight hair, but has kept her bold red lips, and long sequined dresses. We love her for sticking to what works best on her, so we’re going to give you a makeup breakdown of 2 of our favorite looks. Here are instructions on how to re-create them using just a handful of products:
Look #1: This look is very simple for day or night, and focuses on the eyes and lashes.
1. Taylor Swift’s fair skin would require a foundation shade such as the BH Liquid Foundation in Light Olive. Begin by applying the foundation over the entire face using a Foundation Brush and blending in using your fingers or a cosmetic sponge.
2. Always apply the Eye and Lip Primer to lids and lips for color longevity!
3. Using a Flat Blending Brush, bring the gold shade from the 26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette from the inner corners of the eye and over the entire lid space and blend in. This type of brush is perfect for mono color eyeshadow looks since the large flat surface makes it easy to fill & blend in to the entire lid space in one stroke. Apply the shade to the lower lid using the brush’s thin wide tip.
4. Create a light cat eye shape with the Liquid Eyeliner by bringing it over the lash line from the inner to the outer corner.
6. Don’t forget our lashes in “Natural” and apply to the lash line. Use mascara after for a more natural look.
7. Pop a natural blush shade from the same palette to the apples of the cheeks using the Deluxe Blush Brush.
8. Use a neutral lip gloss such as the Lip Gloss in Office Queen or Plain Jane, and you’re done!
Look #2: You can take the simple look above and quickly transform it for an ultra glam night-out. A look can be transformed just by switching up a lip or blush color such as this elegant yet dramatized look worn by Taylor Swift.
1. Touch up your foundation if necessary!
2. Apply an additional coat of mascara to the top lashes and this time, make sure to also apply to the bottom lashes.
3. Using a Small Smudge Brush, apply the dark brown eyeshadow from the 26 Shadow Blush combo palette to the outer corners of the eyes.
7. Give more color to your cheeks with a rosy shade from the same palette using the Angled Blush Brush.
8. Line the lips with the Waterproof Lip Liner in Retro, and make sure to define the corners on the upper lip to create the perfect cupid mouth shape. Top with the Lip Gloss in Classy Gal.
That’s it! Comment below with your how-to requests!