It’s nearly summertime and depending on where you live, you may have already experienced temperatures in the triple digits. As the heat begins to swelter, it is important to revisit your beauty routine as certain looks will no longer work. For example, that smokey-eye and heavily-pigmented lipstick will slip and slide right off the second hot weather hits. No one wants their mascara on their chin, so we have come up with a game plan to keep you fresh and bright during these hot and humid months. Grab your makeup bag and a glass of lemonade and let’s get ready for summer!
- As your very first step, it is important to deeply cleanse your skin. Massage your favorite cleanser into your skin and take your time. This will help prevent and combat oil throughout the day by starting you off with a clean base.
- Use a primer. Primers will create a barrier between your moisturizer and makeup and give your makeup something to cling to. It creates a smooth surface to prep the face for makeup application and will increase lasting power.
- Go waterproof as much as you can. When humidity strikes and sweating (naturally) commences, you want your makeup to stay put. Waterproof gel eyeliner pencils will be a savior for you! You can even double the pencil as a waterproof eyeshadow by applying it to your lid and smudging it with your finger. For more pigmentation eye crayons are great options for replacing powdered eyeshadow in the heat.
- Don’t forget SPF to protect your skin! Use some underneath your liquid foundation or mix some with a liquid concealer to create your own tinted moisturizer. Time in the sun can cause lots of damage to your skin and we don’t want that!
- Try a stain on your lips instead of lipstick or lip gloss. You can even create your own stain by filling in your lips with a waterproof lip liner. Use a lip liner to lightly line and fill in the lips and if you feel the need for a bit more color, dab on a bit of your favorite lip gloss shade.
- Pilling on powder throughout the day to combat shine will only make your skin look cakey and unnatural. If you are trying to remove shine we recommend blotting papers. Blotting papers will be your best friend when taking away shine. Plus, it won’t smudge the makeup you already have on.
You’re ready for summer!
If you thought these tips were helpful be sure to share them with all of your friends!