Let’s be real, most of us have looked at our makeup in the mirror and admired the masterpiece we’ve created. “This wing is snatched!” or “My lip color is poppin’!” Don’t get us wrong, our BH Beauties seriously KILL IT at makeup, but how many of us can say our makeup skills have earned us an Emmy nomination? Answer: 1… and it’s @makeupbylusine! This talented celebrity MUA has worked with stars like Victoria Justice and Rachel Lefevre, in addition to amazing influencers, blushing brides, and more that can’t get enough of her beautiful looks. Learn about her beauty background, favorite products, and most embarrassing moment in our latest Influencer Spotlight!
Roll Out the Red Carpet
1. What is your Zodiac Sign?
2. What inspired you to get in to beauty?
Growing up as a child, I always loved art and drawing. But it wasn’t until I interned at a record label and put together photo shoots that I realized makeup artistry was a career choice for me.
3. If you were a part of The Spice Girls, which one would you be and why?
I would say Posh Spice... I love how family oriented she is and how simple and classy she dresses.
4. What is the first BH product you ever used?
I believe the first BH product I ever used was a contour palette.
5. What is one thing people may be surprised to learn about you?
That my first makeup application was at the the age of 12 on my 18 year old cousin.
6. Looking back, what is the biggest beauty faux pas you’ve ever committed?
Dark brown lip liner with a nude lip color ... oh Lord!
7. What BH product can you not live without?
8. What are the top 3 songs on your get ready playlist?
Danny Gokey - Masterpiece
David Guetta - titanium (sia)
Chain smokers - don’t let me down
9. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?
I’d start a makeup like that would benefit children’s charities.
10. If you could only use one BH brush set for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
11. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
To read people minds... so that I would know if they were misunderstanding me and fix the problem.
12. What is your favorite BH palette?
13. What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
When I tripped and fell in the airport trying to make my flight that I was late for.
Meet the Makeup Master
@makeupbylusine is as big a superstar as the celebs she works on, turning her passions into an incredible career that’s led to award nominations, lots of praise, AND self-taught seminars! In fact, our LA locals should check out her upcoming "Own It!" Makeup Masterclass series on Sunday, March 10th. The class takes place at the Mirage Banquet Hall in North Hollywood - and all proceeds will benefit the Starkey Foundation. See here for more details!