Vegan Makeup Products
When most people think of veganism, the first thing that often comes to mind is the exclusion of clothes and food that comes at the expense of harming animals. However, veganism also extends to cosmetics. Unfortunately, even certain makeup products are composed of animal by-products.
- Vegan Makeup 101– Choosing your products carefully is an essential step in becoming a professional makeup artist. You’ll want to avoid products containing ingredients that might be harmful to your skin.
- Why Vegan Makeup Is On The Rise – Veganism is moving from what we put into our bodies to what we put on our faces.
- Everything You Need To Know About Cruelty-Free Make-Up– The beauty industry has changed a hell of a lot over the last few years, and we're not just talking about the move from skinny.
- Vegan and Cruelty-Free Cosmetics: Is There a Difference?– Vegan and cruelty-free are two labels that get a great deal of attention by both the media and consumers.
- 7 Things To Know When Shopping For Vegan Makeup– Whether you're a hardcore vegan or just someone looking to make more informed decisions.
1) Lower the demand of products produced through animal testing
The only way to stop animal cruelty and slaughter is to stop buying the products that contribute to the problem. Using makeup that's composed of animal by-products will drive demand which in turn will prompt the slaughter and cruel treatment of more animals. Using vegan cosmetics will allow you to lower this demand.
2) Vegan cosmetics don't contain dead animal by-products
You might be shocked by some of the ingredients in the makeup you buy at the store. You may be putting dead insect extracts, uric acid extracted from cows and other like substances on your face and never know it. Switching to vegan makeup will ensure you don't inadvertently coat your face with dead animal by-products!
3) Vegan cosmetics are 100% cruelty free
Vegans have taken on the mission of stopping animal cruelty. One part of this mission is to prevent animal experimentation by not purchasing products derived from animal testing labs. Using vegan beauty products are 100% cruelty-free because animals aren't harmed during the creation of the product.
4) Vegan cosmetics are better for sensitive skin
Vegan cosmetics have proven to be better for those who have sensitive skin because they're composed of fewer ingredients than some non-vegan cosmetics. The addition of additional ingredients can increase your chances of developing a rash, acne, dry skin and so on. While it's not impossible for someone who has sensitive skin to have an adverse reaction to vegan makeup the chances of that same person having an adverse reaction to certain types of non-vegan makeup is much higher.
5) Vegan makeup is better for the planet
Not only will you be saving animals by using vegan makeup, but you'll also be saving the planet. Vegan companies often use recycled products for their packaging meaning that products that would normally clog landfills are instead used to create the packaging of their cosmetics. Overflowing landfills have become a major issue in certain parts of the world. Every bit of recycling helps!
6) Vegan cosmetics are made of natural ingredients
The vast majority of vegan cosmetics are composed of natural ingredients and are rich in vitamins meaning your chances of unknowingly applying unnatural ingredients to your face is slim to none.
Some of the ingredients found in vegan cosmetics include:
- Aloe Vera
- Essential Oils
Each of the aforementioned ingredients will do wonders for your skin in various ways. Furthermore, you won't find any harmful chemicals that will damage and dry out your face after prolonged use. Vegan companies understand how important it is to use all natural ingredients when it comes to cosmetics.
7) Vegan cosmetics have anti-aging products
It would be ridiculous to say you would look ten years younger, but vegan cosmetics tend to hydrate the skin, reducing acne and other skin conditions which in turn may give you a more youthful appearance. Vegan cosmetics have even been known to improve uneven skin tones and also reduce the bags under your eyes. With so many plant-based ingredients contained within most vegan cosmetics, it's no wonder that it has so many beneficial effects for your skin.
8) Vegan makeup is often higher-quality
As we now know vegan cosmetics are composed of all-natural ingredients that are good for the skin. Frankly, vegan cosmetics tend to last longer and applies to the skin more smoothly than many of its non-vegan counterparts.
9) Vegan products give peace of mind
Often times we have no clue what's inside of the cosmetics we're using. Even if you read the label on the back of the product, such as eyeshadow or lipstick, you may run into a long list of ingredient names that don't make much sense such as phthalates and sodium laureth sulfate. Both of these chemicals are known to cause health issues such as cancer and skin irritation. With vegan products, you know exactly what you're putting on your skin every time.
10) There are options for all budgets
Vegan makeup runs the entire spectrum of price ranges from affordable to expensive. That means vegan makeup should fit comfortably into almost every budget. Simply put, if you're a vegan and you're holding yourself back due to finances you can rest assured you should be able to find an affordable option.
You don't have to be a vegan to understand that vegan cosmetics have a medley of benefits. Not only will you be putting a stop to animal testing by not purchasing products derived from animal testing labs, but you'll also hydrate your skin, look more vibrant and young, and go about your day knowing you're contributing to a noble cause.
References & Links
- Cruelty-free vs. Vegan – What’s the Difference? – Let’s clear up what “cruelty-free,” “vegan,” and “natural” actually mean when it comes to beauty products, because the terms aren’t interchangeable.
- 7 Things To Know When Shopping For Vegan Makeup – Whether you're a hardcore vegan or just someone looking to make more informed shopping choices regarding what you're putting on your face everyday, navigating the world of vegan makeup takes a bit of effort.
- What Is The Difference Between Vegan And Cruelty-Free Makeup? – If you’re a label-reader, then you’ll know how overwhelming the labels on cosmetic products can be.
- Why Cruelty-Free, Vegan Skin Care Is A Win, Win! – Finding the perfect makeup for your cosmetic needs is never a small task. So many different products and label claims to navigate!
- How You Can Help End Animal Testing In Cosmetics – Before a cosmetic product lands in your shower or makeup bag, there are a lot of steps in that journey.
- How Clean Is Your Makeup? – A thing of beauty is a joy forever’ — except when it comes to makeup.
- Should Your Skin Go Vegan, Gluten-Free And Organic, Too? – With so much of what we put on our skin being absorbed into our bodies, it’s worth considering what that means for our health.
- 6 Reasons to Use Organic Makeup – Makeup is an essential beauty item used by women all over the world, and many females are in no hurry to ditch this daily necessity.
- Going Vegan? Shop These 10 Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands – You're adapting to your new cruelty-free lifestyle far easier than you expected this Veganuary.
- Natural And Cruelty Free: 7 Reasons You Should Use Vegan Products – Made from natural components, vegan products (free from meat and animal products such as milk, butter or cheese) are safe for your skin and hair.
- Natural Vegan Beauty Is On The Rise – Gone are the days of tediously checking ingredients lists and company policies for every single beauty purchase.