MAKEUP TRICKS TO TRANSFORM YOUR FEATURES
Contouring enhances your best features using depth and dimension to create the illusion of higher cheekbones, a slimmer nose, a chiseled jaw – almost any effect you can imagine. It takes practice, especially to avoid looking dull or “muddy”. That’s why we’re here to bring you killer makeup tricks to get your most fierce, flawless contour yet!
TIP 1: CHOOSE THE RIGHT PALETTE
You can contour with anything from bronzer to eyeshadow, but you should always use the right product for your skin type and tone. Contouring shades should never be more than one or two colors deeper than your complexion, and using the wrong color can make your face look muddy or dirty. That’s why this is one of our most crucial makeup tricks!
Powder is the way to go for oily or normal skin. Our Studio Pro Shade & Define 10 Color Contour Palette is smooth and easy to blend, and it has a wide range of tones that let you add depth, dimension and shadows .
TIP 2: PICK THE PERFECT TOOLS
You want a versatile set of brushes to properly contour multiple features, and your wish is our command! Our Studio Pro Brush Set – Blush/Contour perfectly applies blush and contour for runway-ready cheekbones, while our Studio Pro Brush Set – Blending can give the illusion of a smaller forehead or thinner nose. Or grab our Studio Pro Beauty Sponge and dampen it to beautifully blend your cream contour!
TIP 3: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
All of our BH babes are gorgeous, but not all contouring makeup tricks are universal! We all have our own unique face, and contouring allows you to pick and choose which features to take center stage. Want to minimize your forehead? Slim your nose? Plump up your lips? Proper contour placement is key.
First and foremost, know your face shape. By knowing the dimensions of our face, we know which areas to focus on and ensure that we aren’t accidentally enhancing our least favorite features. Find it below to discover where you should contour!
- Along sides of forehead and along the temples to narrow out face
- Below cheekbones. Start from your ears and end contour halfway to cheeks before curving down to jawline
- Below cheekbones. Start from your ears and end contour halfway to cheeks to add prominence
- Along sides of forehead
- Below cheekbones. Start from your ears and end contour halfway to cheeks for natural sculpt and dimension
- Below cheekbones. Start from your ears and end contour halfway to cheeks
- Along sides of forehead
- On tip of the chin to narrow
- Below cheekbones. Start from your ears and end contour halfway to cheeks to enhance chiseled features
- Along the forehead
- Along the jawline to soften
While not all contouring techniques are created equal, don’t forget your secret weapon: concealer! Use our Studio Pro Total Coverage Concealer to set the canvas and highlight your contour!
TIP 4: GO STRIKING OR SUBTLE
When you look on Instagram or the latest fashion magazine, it’s common to see a sharp, edgy contour. However, this isn’t always the case. We’ve got great makeup tricks whether you want a fierce, dramatic contour for ultimate intensity, or a subtle, sculpted look for everyday chic.
Of course, sometimes you want a dramatic, edgy contour for a night out! Read up to get charming, chiseled features for ultimate intensity…
- To keep your look fierce and flawless for hours, use both cream AND powder! Sculpt your features with our Cream Contour Palette and trace with our Shade & Define 10 Color Contour Palette for an impeccable contour that lets you slay all day
- Use multiple shades – one lighter and one darker – to add contrast to your contour
- Don’t skip the blush! Pick a shade from our Glamorous Blush 10 Color Blush Palette to add a burst of color to your most sultry looks
- Blend with a makeup brush for a more striking and noticeable contour – like our Powder Brush from our Face Essential 5 Piece Brush Set. Move in small, circular motions to blend while keeping product in place
@Laviedunprince shared this ultra-fierce contour on Twitter – courtesy of our Studio Pro Contour Palette!
Want a barely-there contour for daytime glam? You’ve got it! Here are some of our top makeup tricks!
- Cream contour is our go-to for a more subtle, natural look. Our Studio Pro Cream Contour Palette has a creamy, foolproof formula that melts into skin for a stunning, understated contour
- Don’t be too generous with product! Place a small amount on your brush at the beginning, and keep layering if you want more intensity
- Use a flat contour brush – like the one in our Studio Pro Brush Set – Blush/Contour – to apply contour in larger areas of the face, such as beneath the cheekbones and along the temples and jawline
- Use any small eye shading or concealer brush – like our Studio Pro Brush 7 – Flat Shader – to create a precise nose contour!
The gorgeous @itsmeveraaa on Twitter chose our Studio Pro Cream Contour Palette for this stunning, subtle contour!
BONUS TIP! HIGHLIGHT HELPS YOU GET LIT
It’s easy to get carried away with the art of contouring, but it’s nothing without its shiny cousin – highlighting! While contouring shades, defines, and take your bone structure to the next level, it’s highlighting that really makes your features POP!
Highlighter transforms you into a beauty goddess in seconds. Just a sweep above the cheekbones, on the tip of the nose, or above the cupid’s bow lights up your look with a youthful, ultra-glam glow. Like contouring, there’s a variety of shades that flatter different skin tones, which is why you need the proper set! Our Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette is an assortment of iridescent shimmer powders for ultimate shine. Wear these pearlized pastels individually or layer multiple shades for enchanting effects!
Blush is one of the final steps in the contouring and highlighting routine – adding a flush of color to that gorgeous face! Grab our Nude Blush 10 Color Blush Palette and apply shades to the apples of the cheeks for a rosy glow that will have everybody blushing.
FLAUNT YOUR FEATURES
We’re thrilled to share our top makeup tricks for the most gorgeous contour! Not only is it a fun makeup technique that expresses your creativity and transforms you into the ultimate artist, but it enhances your best features for a major confidence boost that complements ultra-glam makeup looks. Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to share your most fierce contour. Don’t forget to tag us @bhcosmetics and use #bhcosmetics so we can see you enhance your beauty!
The post 4 INCREDIBLE Makeup Tricks to Conquer Your Contour appeared first on BH Cosmetics Blog.